FINALLY! The day has come and gone where it was time to tell the BOSS about the pregnancy. I wasn't nervous to tell him, which probably has to do with the fact that being nervous wouldn't change the fact that I am pregnant. I was more excited to tell him and be able to openly talk about it at work and let the belly hang out a bit (always more comfortable)!
He and I set a lunch date and headed off. After I told him, he couldn't have been happier for us. He asked me what I wanted in respect to work and I told him. We are both on the same page that I am invited to come back anytime I want. He offered me to work half-time, part-time, 1/3-time, whatever I want! How insanely perfect! I of course told him that I don't know what it will be like to juggle a baby and work but would love the opportunity to come back when I'm ready. I think the situation we have figured out will work perfectly. He and I will find a full-time replacement for my position. I will get to train the new person and hopefully make a smooth transition in August. He also agreed to keep me on benefits for an additional 2 months! Perfect amount of time to look into our options and not have a lapse of coverage. We still need to do some research, but we are hoping that we (as a family) will qualify for insurance coverage through Ashton as a student (in the nursing program). All of this, of course, depends on a few building blocks falling into place first...like an acceptance offer into the nursing program.
Lastly I had to ask for time off for my Mexico trip! What a fun thing to throw in the mix!! haha But, nevertheless, he was fine with that trip too. Just said to put it on the calendar. This means we are 100% set to go bask our bodies in the sunshine late April.
I absolutely could not be more pleased with the outcome of this news break!
I'm 15 weeks now. Feeling more of a belly developing everyday and after meals (real baby and food baby)! I'm still feeling great, energized, and starting to think more about a few key items we will be wanting to find second hand. Ash's mom's friend kindly gave us a few things that she used alot, including an exersaucer (bouncy chair) and bathtub.
I bought a wide waist band skirt that is not necessary yet, but is comfortable enough to wear already. A little big at this point, but still fits fine. I also found a simple maternity tank dress for warmer days.
Here's a little look into what's happening to baby right now:
"At this stage, your fetus weighs approximately 1.75 ounces (50 g) and measures just over 4 inches (10.2 cm). Hair is sprouting everywhere. The fetus gets fine hair all over to protect it from the constant exposure to the amniotic fluid. Skin formation is progressing, but is very thin (you can even see small blood vessels forming underneath). At this point, the baby might even be sucking its thumb! "
The amount of development always wow's me!
Congratulations! Hope you can breathe a little easier and focus on just being excited now! Much love. xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt's the biggest wow of your lives! Yes sirree!!
ReplyDeletexo, Mom