We've been rooting around some antique stores lately and have found a few fun items. Both are practical pieces that will allow us to store goodies away so we don't have to see them out all the time. Mostly I'm just talkin baby stuff. Take a look...
We bought a crib on Sunday. No pics to share yet because it's broken down and stored away but we really like it. It's got a slightly older style to it, I think, and looks like it's going to do the job just fine. It's very simple and sturdy. The sides don't move up and down and it doesn't covert into a million baby bed styles.
We also think we have figured out what to do with our second room, the "baby's room." It will take some rearranging but ultimately should work very nicely. My friend Ellie is graciously sending me an exquisite, detailed, beautiful stencil of a peacock that she handmade. It absolutely blows my socks off! I'm hoping to stencil it on the wall of this room, maybe in a color slightly off from the wall color already, a darkish grey.
Things appear to be progressing well. Here is a picture of my 16 week belly. It's always kind of hard to tell, but I think it's coming along?? ;) I read that the next few weeks call for a growth spurt. I'm up 5lbs. Baby is approximately 4 1/2 inches long, weighs 2 1/2 oz. and it's heart is pumping around 25 quarts of blood per day. Supposedly I might feel my first flutters of the baby's movement between now and 20 weeks. I'll keep my radar on full alert for that! Bye for now.
I think I can see the baby bump! :) I can't wait to see how the peacock turns out!
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you have a little bun in the oven or if you look like the rest of american women and finally have a little something below the belly :) You are adorable and each time i see pictures of you or read your blog it makes me wish I were closer to you guys.
ReplyDeleteIs there anything you need from San Diego for little one?
I DO see a little baby belly. Sweet-as-pie, that little one. Give Leon a pat for g'ma.
ReplyDeletexoxo, Mom
Woohoo, Ashy! There is a light at the end of the first tunnel! You rock, dear!
ReplyDeletexoxo, Mama Susie