Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's a B-O-Y, BOY!

It's official, on Monday, March 22nd we had our 19 week ultrasound. The sonographer told us right away it was a boy. I must say, we were both suprised! We tried our hardest not to think it was one or the other but we both felt it may be a girl. Having picked out our final girl name probably didn't help the cause. So in future, if we have a girl, we already have a name. That makes that part easy ;)

We were both so excited to find out the sex. I, in particular, could NOT wait. However it was very interesting how taken back I was and how I reacted to the news. I think the shock made me feel unprepared and like I should have known all along but I didn't. It took me 2 days to wrap my head around the whole idea of, #1) a baby that just had become so much more of a reality, and #2) that it's a boy!

No boy names picked out yet, just some ideas thrown around here and there. Now that we know the sex of the baby, we can move forward to decide on a final name.

Here are 4 pics from the ultrasound. He is 19 weeks old. The heart rate was 149 bpm and he was still dancing around. I can't feel his movements yet though. The sonographer was suprised I couldn't feel him stomping on my bladder! We saw his skull bones, femurs, hands, feet, an ear, spine, and stomach. He even appeared to yawn and we got to watch that too.

It's all so very cool. I am eager to feel him move. It will be another slap of reality to come!


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    Also - I do believe you've had a boy name picked out since we were 11 years old. Aaaaaand it happens to be Ash's middle name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all teary, he is so beautiful. omg, Lanes, and so are you!
    xoxo, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. KT, that is true. I do have that name on the list in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Alana and baby are doing just fine. Enjoy all those happy little moments. Each one is so precious! Much Love, ~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Congrats!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby boy Mey! I was also convinced you were having a girl. But I am so excited to meet this beautiful boy - the pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Congratulations!! Mo and I were excited to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yyyyyyyyeeeeeehaw! These pix are incredible! I'm so excited for the two of you! Sending tons of love from sunny San Diego.

    ReplyDelete

Followers