It has begun...I have had my first bout of pregnancy brain. I wasn't quite sure what everyone meant by it exactly. Would I tangibly know my memory was fading? Would I be driving along and find myself on the complete opposite side of town wondering what I was doing there? What would happen to me when it hit? Well, it was obvious that's for sure! It's actually pretty funny for the most part, but then after I realize my short term memory is not up to par, I get a little nervous to get behind the wheel. What if I forget to look in my side mirror and swipe someone? Geez, I really need to be cognizant of this memory loss at all times! Especially in my line of work. I can't mess up someone's immigration, aka their LIFE, because I accidentally forgot to include some pertinent documents in the application.
It all started Sunday when I planned to go to Target to buy a body pillow. I'm supposed to start trying to not sleep on my back (which I love). A few times I have woken up in the night on my back and thought, oh my god, how long have I been laying like this!?!? I don't think it's imperative that I stay off my back at this point, but I do know that eventually it will dramatically reduce the blood supply to the baby, especially if I, unbeknownst to me, lay like that for hours on end in my sleep. So time to check out body pillows, meant to keep you from rolling onto your back. I headed to Target, shopped around, bought a few items and left. Only once in the car and pulling out of the parking lot did the purpose of my trip even cross my mind. ARGGGHH!! A waste of a trip! Now I have to go back sometime this week.
My second and third episodes came yesterday when a co-worker and I were coordinating to get our boss from his eye surgery. He couldn't drive so I sent her to pick him up. Well, apparently he had talked to me about us both coming so that one of us could drive his car back. That completely slipped my mind and later that day we all drove back out to the surgeons office to get his car. They dropped it off at his house and I drove back to work. 15 minutes later they called me at work wondering where I was. I was supposed to pick them up from his house and drive them all back to the office again! What was I thinking? Seriously, I thought I was losing my mind. That is when I decided it was a little scary to be driving in the first place! What a space cadet I am! I felt kinda lame and blamed it immediately on pregnancy brain. Luckily I have a great boss who laughed at me and then bought us all coffees (decaf of course ;)).
I don't think my hips like jogging anymore, which I didn't think would be the reason I had to change my routine. I thought it would be the belly and weight combination. But no, it's the joints! I'll try some new shoes, but I'm afraid that is not the problem, although they are on their last legs. If not, oh well. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyhow.
I'm up 8lbs now. Kinda weird how the body changes when you are just starting to get a belly and haven't even felt the first movements yet the scale keeps creeping up. If I wasn't pregnant I would wonder what the heck was happening to me! : ) 8lbs seems to be on target. It's about the only other marker I have as to my progress other than the growth of the belly so it's kinda neat to keep track of between appointments.
That's it for now. More pics in a little while.
oh, my goodness, pregnancy brain is such a reality! I can totally relate! Unfortunately for me, I never really got my fully-functioning brain back...good luck to you.
ReplyDelete