A perfect puzzle piece! Ash and I have found our doula! Hurray!! Her name is Jen and she is wonderful. We all met at a coffee shop for an "interview" where we got to know each other and ask questions. We all hit it off and Ash and I felt so comfortable and at ease with Jen. We knew right away she was our gal! She's gone through some amazing birth experiences of her own, two at the birth center where I am planning to go, and a third at home. What a warrior. When I read her home birth story I got so teary. Truly amazing. This woman has got what it takes for sure!! She has a facebook for her doula services, and if you check it out after the birth http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bellingham-WA/Natural-Blessings-Doula-Services/89676315591?ref=ts you'll probably see that she has posted a celebratory announcement that Sweet Baby Mey has arrived safely earthside.
At work my boss and I finalized my job description. It's set to make it's debut in the classifieds in the next month or so. Wow, that was weird to write up the criteria for my replacement. Definitely made everything feel just a little more REAL.
Other than that, I've started playing around online doing the "Alana style" research that I do for a crib mattress. It's amazing the big wad of dough we're going to have to drop on an organic, chemical free crib mattress. Good thing I got a good deal on the crib...these suckers are spendy, but worth every penny in our eyes. Kinda funny too because who knows when it will actually begin sleeping in the crib and away from us. All that to figure out later.
Oh, and if you don't know what "Alana style" research is, it consists of maps, charts, graphs, lists, printouts, bookmarked websites etc. ;) And the only reason I know how to describe my research style because I have been made fun of for it in the past :) all in good fun of course. I guess that's why I always know what I like.
Big grocery shop tonight. Wonder what baby will throw in the basket? he he he
Bacon..the baby wants bacon.. :)
ReplyDelete