We had a wonderful experience this morning! Today we went in at 8am for our first ultrasound. I tossed and turned the night before just thinking of the chance to see my baby with my own two eyes! It was the most beautiful thing I have honestly ever seen. I could have watched it all day long. Now I see why Tom Cruise bought one for Suri ;)
Anyhow, Sweet Baby Mey was very active dancing around and at one point stretched its legs out. Sweet Baby Mey's heartbeat was 165 beats per minute and measured just a smidgen under 2 inches. The sonographer measured it and said it was right on with 11 weeks. I count that I'm 10 weeks, 5 days today so she said I'm right on track! It's amazing to see a 2 inch wiggle worm inside me and not feel any of its movements internally. That is supposed to happen around 17-20 weeks.
I tried to get the sonographer to take a stab at the sex of the baby but she said it was too early! DANG!! Worth a try :)
I've been shopping for big bulky & ugly glider chairs that recline (the recline feature was stated as a necessity by Laura, thanks Laura!). It's fun to start thinking of my little routines I will have in nursing and rocking, cuddling and reading childrens books. But as far as shopping goes, we don't want a lot of baby stuff, so we hope to keep it all at a minimum as far as toys, furniture, and clothes go. Hopefully I keep the same mindset when I hit the uncontrollable nesting phase!
Enjoy a couple pics of Sweet Baby Mey. The first is a profile of it laying on it's back and the second is looking down onto the head with two little stretched out legs poking out.
When we left the ultrasound with our paper, I noticed the sonographer wrote yet another due date on the paper. Apparently they think August 16th is my day! Sheesh, although it's a matter of a few days here and there, I'd like to nail it down to one!

The legs KILL me - so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI can already tell you guys make cute babies!
ReplyDelete