Here's a few pics of mid week 13...
I've been knitting a ton. If I am ever missing, let me tell you where you'll find me. I'll be hiding out in the bedroom, watching the olympics and knitting away for hours at a time. I'm knitting a baby blanket with a hood in a corner. It's a good way for me to practice my knitting and purling skills. It's quite a long project to tackle, knitting and purling over and over and over. Check out this ball of yarn!! What did I get myself into? Good thing the olympics run till the 28th!
On to the subject of this posting. We're on the hunt for a doula, and hopeful long time friend. She will be our labor coach, focusing solely on me and what I need at all times throughout labor. Doula's practice great skills as calm, reassuring, confident allies for the laboring woman and even her partner. Sometimes a partner needs reassuring too. I secretly fear that if I appeared in too much agony for too long, Ash would wisk me away to the hospital before it was truly necessary. Ash as well as a doula, believe in the inherent ability to give birth and with a doula's assistant, my chances of wanting pain meds, having a medical intervention, long labor etc are all diminished substantially.
She will be available 2 weeks before the birth and 2 weeks after the birth. Winnie will be available throughout the birth as well, of course, but a doula is solely focused on the woman, providing heat and ice packs, ice chips, food and drinks, massages, accupressure, as well as providing Ash with tips and helpful ways to comfort me. Ash can also then take time to soak up the whole experience, time the contractions, talk with family, take pictures etc. We'll be talking with Winnie a little more at our appointment tomorrow but at this point, I am nearly positive that adding a doula to the birth toolbelt with be a wonderful decision.
Can't wait to hear the little heartbeat again tomorrow! I've been missing contact with the baby!
So thst's where you are, knitting away! It's a perfect way to relax and breathe. Pat my sweet baby Mey!
ReplyDeletexo, Mom