One of the highlights of pregnancy has to be the guiltless nightly dessert indulgence. Any calories previously used up on a glass or two of some kind of alcohol is indulgently replaced with various sweet treats. YUM! I just finished coffee ice cream with a side of chocolate frosted brownie. You are welcome little girl.
I'm slightly horrified how fast my due date is approaching. This is heightened by my (and probably every pregnant woman's) irrational thoughts that baby is coming early. I'm set on end of June, as in June 28th, and for two stupidly unjustifiable reasons: 1- It's my half-birthday, and 2- I felt her hiccuping a week earlier than expected and therefore think she's a week ahead of schedule. None of these things obviously mean anything. One reason I do have that is not stupidly unjustifiable is that the full moon is in the end of June (the 23rd I think) and babies are said to be born close to the full moon. Owen was due near the full moon so his birth (water breaking on my midwife's predicted due date) doesn't really count as coming near the full moon except that he wasn't exceptionally early or late. Oh, and I really don't want a 4th of July baby for no reason other than I'm not a very "Americana" type person. I also don't want my child's birthday overshadowed by a major holiday. Mine is and I think kids prefer more of a spotlight effect on their big day.
What else?....other than the NEGATIVE amount of progress that has happened in the laundry "nursery" room. AGH! What are we doing. Work and life with Owen has eaten up our days and nights. I don't mind shuffling it all together at the end but I do fear it will be extremely unfinished when she arrives. I'd like to get to put all of my desired finishing touches on it.
So I'm 35 weeks as of yesterday. I looked back at Owen's blog this morning and saw that about 10-12 days before Owen was born I was registering at 80 and then 90% effaced, respectively, and 0 and then 2cm dilated, respectively. That puts June 16-18th as the same timeframe as I was this effaced and beginning to dilate with zero contractions. Coordinated with my real due date of July 2, it puts June 20-23 as my dates for possibly similar effacement. I know subsequent births are completely different but just in the perspective of how close this is all barreling down, it is a freaky reminder that the month of June is 1 day away.
No comments:
Post a Comment