I'm 36 weeks today and at my appointment the doc told me I was 50% effaced and not dilated. I'm pretty excited that I am 50% already. Like I said in my last post, I was 80% and not dilated at 12 days before Owen's birth. Right now I'm 50% and 0 so although every birth is different, it's a little hard not to imagine the possibility of only being about 2 weeks away from birth. We'll just have to see!
I did have a great appointment with Dr. Mora today. He was the first OB that I saw at my first appointment for this baby. At that time, although I did actually really like him, I didn't like that he had said it was possible that my pelvis was what got in between a vaginal birth and my C-Section. I felt he wasn't being enough of a cheerleader for me. BUT today he was much more a cheerleader and although still skeptical as to why Owen didn't come out, he said it is very much possible that this little lady will be much different. He confirmed that she is head down and only about 2 inches from my cervix opening. It's again no wonder my hips are more sore this time. He said it was good and that she was down so far and maybe her being down that far would coax these hips to widen more.
All that being said, I did find out when I was checking out that Dr. Mora will be on vacation for the 2 weeks surrounding my due date, so odds are very slim I will have him deliver. The remaining potential OB's are Dr. Dowling, Dr. Kaepernick, Dr. Mallory and Dr. Russo. Within the next week or so we can start looking at who is on call on what days and I can try and coordinate my remaining WEEKLY appointments with who might have a higher potential for delivery.
No pics today, but I'll need to get some up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment