Thursday, June 20, 2013

More Signs Point to Go!

Well, yesterday morning I thought I may not be making it to my next appointment with Dr. Mallory. I lost my mucus plug which is a sign that labor could be starting soon. All it really means is that the cervix is dilating, softening etc. and preparing for labor. For many women it appears their labor often started 24 hours later but for others and as a rule of thumb labor is not necessarily on the horizon and could take a week or two! Gah!! What a trick! The women I have asked who knew when they lost their plug said they went into labor soon after. These signs make for a long waiting game. Nevertheless, Owen and I did a last minute cleaning of washing couch cushions, vacuuming the house and couch and pulling the couch away from the wall and dusting the gross baseboards behind. So the house is clean once again but will probably need more cleaning before labor starts. Part of the joys of having a large hairy dog and 2 year old!

Ashton came home from work this morning having spent the night shift prepared to bomb back home up I-5 in the event I went into labor last night. His work had organized a surprise baby shower potluck for him, so I'm glad he was there for it. How nice! Also, the Skagit bridge with it's temporary structure is open again and made his commute so much better! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers