Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's Third Trimester Time!

As soon as the third trimester struck baby girl really felt like she began taking up much more room in my abdomen. Bending down seems to always include a grunt and sitting down requires sitting straight up when she has made her way up into my ribs. She's still small, around 2 1/4 lbs., but since most of what's left is growth, I know I'll be going through a lot more issues surrounding finding comfort in laying, standing and sitting. I don't have much memory of my pregnancy with Owen at this stage. I can't recall how uncomfortable I ever was. I don't recall it was much. I'll need to go back through this blog and read up on what was going on during my third trimester so I can compare the two.

I had an OB appt earlier this week. I received my glucose challenge results which came back wonderful! My iron levels were great too. Her heartbeat was in the 130's and strong. My measurement was 25cm and I weighed 129. I told the Dr. it is sometimes weird to have people tell me that I'm "so tiny" when I know from my appointments that everything is measuring great, my weight gain is right on track and my labs have been fine. She said that women tend to gain too much weight these days and that a smaller baby (that is not often born these days) is better. Basically, I may look "tiny" to some people because what they are comparing me to are people who have gained too much weight and are actually too big. She said babies have gone from being born at a healthy 6-7 lbs to 8+. She recently delivered a 10lb11oz baby!! It was nice for her to give me a little reassurance.

Random thoughts: I've been really digging falafel lately. It's really hitting the spot :D

We also just bought a double stroller. We got a Phil and Teds Inline Sport. I found it on Craigslist and it came with the double seat, car seat adapter, peanut bassinet, two seat pads and cup holder/zippered pocket for the handlebar. I'm so sad to sell the BOB, but keeping both is not an option. Also we didn't prefer a side by side double seater but rather a front to back one. I'm also hopeful it will perform well as a jogger, however pushing TWO kids this time will be an extra challenge!

We just booked a two week vacation to Mexico in February. We had a banked week so we used it back-to-back with next year's week. Since we're bringing both kids we thought it would be fun to make it a family vacation and get mom and Mark to come one week and also invite Rose and Steve to join the other week. I'm hopeful Amy will be able to join too. We think it will be nice for the kids to enjoy their company and will also allow us to enjoy each other's company for a portion of our vacation too. Going alone for two weeks might have been too much to bite off.  Ash will take 2 weeks off after baby is born and will have built up just over two more weeks of PTO by the time February rolls around.

28 weeks and 2 days


easter egg dying

hates having his picture taken lately so this is how he looks in many pics

egg hunt with george

egg hunt

easter cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers