Thursday, March 28, 2013

26 Weeks

At 26 weeks I'm soon exiting my second trimester! Unbelievable!! Two days before my next appt (on April 8) I have to do the glucose challenge, where I must drink 50g of glucose then boogie over to the lab to have my blood drawn exactly one hour later. That will mark the first days of my third trimester.

Things have been going pretty well. Sore back muscles wake me up most of the time during the night, but that's nothing new. I'm getting referral to massage therapy soon and am really looking forward to that "me" time. I also feel like someone has karate-chopped my pubic bone and left it super sore and bruised. A few weeks ago I also held something tight between my thighs and broke a blood vessel in my leg. I'm really hoping it goes away like the OB says, but there's still 3 months to go and I'm feeling skeptical. Keeping fingers crossed until the baby weight is off and my veins have a chance to normalize.

Owen and I spent time with a dear friend's little twin girls yesterday. They were born 6 weeks early and have now reached 6.5lbs. Holding them reminded me of what it felt like to hold a newborn baby. I needed that to heighten my excitement about ACTUALLY holding my own little baby girl. My memory has grown foggy since Owen's birth, so holding the babies really brought it back full force. I'm extra extra excited. Holding them was like holding a feather compared to Owen's brick-like 35lb body!

Good news about our refinance too! The appraisal came back with shining colors and our paperwork is being processed. Still crossing fingers but all should go through and is set to close April 15. We are excited about our new low interest rate of 3.75% and $300 savings per month! Everything helps!!
oye! I'm wearing the same sweater as the last post.
 tree climbing
 cuddles

feeding the neighborhood chickens weeds

 practicing "big brother" with our sweet little friend Ramona (twin sister to Lucy)
 so much fun with the new poufs!
winter is finally leaving us. bringing in the last firewood for the season.

2 comments:

  1. You look so tiny for going into your third trimester! So much good news--we are so excited to meet baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like time is flying by, but probably not to you! You all look so happy and healthy, can't wait to see Owen hold sweet baby sister. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Followers