We are 23 weeks. Lots of kicks and maybe one other round of hiccups. I also had to do a fasting glucose test. Right after Ashton started his new job at Providence we each had to do a basic fasting blood workup to earn a health insurance incentive. I was pregnant at the time and took the test the early morning after Thanksgiving. The numbers came back good, but for a pregnant woman, my glucose number was borderline high. The OB's didn't think it was a big worry but said I'd be given an extra test earlier than the standard 28 week glucose tolerance (sugary orange drink) test. Even if the mother is not experiencing any elevated glucose symptoms, it doesn't mean the baby is not getting elevated levels that could be unsafe. So last week I took another fasting blood glucose test and the result came back with shining colors. Phew! I really would have been very surprised if it hadn't, but still, it was refreshing to see a good result. Now I still have to take the 28 week test - not looking forward to drinking that drink! I didn't have to do that with Owen. I did the similar version where you eat something that raises your glucose levels very high (I had pancakes and maple syrup) and then had my blood drawn. Everything was always fine with Owen's pregnancy.
That's about it for this week. Good vibes for our appraisal tomorrow!
tight pants!
sleepy head in his new bed
soaked!
cutest eyes
silly faces!





Lovin' the beard daddio!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos, cuties all the way around! xoxo, Amma
ReplyDelete