We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday at 1pm. Owen came with us and the appt took the full hour because baby was so far down in my uterus the Sonographer had to bump her around and lay me inverted on the table to try and get the last head and brain measurements that she needed.
We asked her to write the gender down in a sealed envelope for us. She warned us when she was going into the "gender" territory to measure hips and femur bone. We both looked away while she got her sneak peek and took the other lower body measurements. We got to see our baby girl open her mouth and move around. Her heart rate was 149bpm. Her profile looked SO much like Owen's did; so adorable and with his button nose. After the appointment, on our drive to the park (where we were going to open our envelope) I was looking at the profile pictures and really thought the profile looked like a more feminine version of Owen. I wondered out loud if it could really be a girl that I was seeing....
Ash was feeling run down and I had a stomach bug (only gained 2 lbs this month) so although we had anticipated this day for what felt like FOREVER, we were really indifferent in the moment about opening the envelope. We both knew that if we were feeling better we'd be more energetic. Even still, while Owen was preoccupied playing we opened it together and saw the two definitive photos of our little GIRL! I started crying from disbelief (even though I had just moments earlier wondered if I was seeing a girl's profile) and we both were elated! We told Owen he was going to have a baby sister, and he said, "no, it's a baby." Lately he's been very anti-gender. He just wants us to say that it's a baby, neither boy nor girl.
So here are so pics from the ultrasound. ENJOY!!
Nose/Lips (mouth open)
Foot
Face
Profile
Profile
Forearm
Full Arm
Hand
Hand
5 second video of profile and heart beating
AND the gender!









Dear ones, I just looked at these for the second time and can feel your joy in being blessed with your darling children. What little miracles they are, and how lucky to have you two to love! xoxo, Amma
ReplyDeleteSo absolutely thrilled about little granddaughter! Owen is going to be a super big brother! Lots of love, Grandma Rose
ReplyDelete