I should document some random things thus far, in no particular order, just as they come to me.
My cravings have been for black licorice, neapolitan ice cream, malt (but that is just mental because that 's what mom craved with me and Amy), and I've really been enjoying green smoothies. They are mostly just kale, chia seeds, almond milk and frozen banana. Sometimes parsley, and sometimes ginger. I like them because they are healthy and very cold and help get the veggies in. I'm going to turn to these babies post birth for some extra 'losing the baby weight' help.
This pregnancy is relatively on par with the last one. Nothing stands out as too different except that I felt like I was carrying a bit higher earlier on and that I feel like the weight gain is coming on differently. Also, salads don't sound as gross this time around. Weight gain is pretty close to the same (although I haven't been weighed in 3 weeks) but with this one it feels like I'm developing more of a fat layer than last time, despite still being active. Not fun. And yes I realize my cravings list, minus the green smoothies, is not conducive to eliminating that fat layer I just mentioned. Hey, can't keep a pregnant lady away from what she wants! Maybe it's karma for getting pregnant prior to Amy's wedding where I will be Maid of Honor. :D
I've purchased a few maternity friendly items lately. I'm not super stoked on wearing what I wore last time. Inevitably I will, but I wanted a few more "comfortable things," like leggings with a maternity waist band and a few flowy shirts/tunics made to fit and still accomodate a big belly that aren't my old tight boring tanks with a sweatshirt zipped over top.
I've been slowly working on converting the laundry room into a shared laundry/nursery. A big New Zealand braided wool rug is arriving soon. We plan to restore a Herman Miller arm chair and add spindle rocking legs to it. It's black fiberglass underneath the torn yellow vinyl that currently covers it. Once I know the gender I'll pick out the curtains and then really be able to decide what I want the rest to look like.
Julie and I have a big Portland trip coming up to visit KT and baby Jack, as well as hit up IKEA, West Elm and Anthro. I'm happy that I'll know the gender by the time we go.
That's about it for now I guess. I'm hoping to post a 19 week belly pic before the 20 week mark.
So excited! Can't wait to see those twin pregnant bellies and introduce you guys to Jack.
ReplyDeleteLanes, There are few (if any?)times in a woman's life when she can indulge a bit without guilt. So enjoy this time, eat without worry. You won't have any trouble regaining your lovely figure when you are chasing around those two sweet kiddos. Just wait and see! xoxo, Amma
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I know, no guilt....just documenting the differences I feel between the two pregnancies.
ReplyDelete