Sunday, February 24, 2013

22 Weeks and a Headcold

Just shy of 22 weeks now. Baby girl is doing well. She moves subtly and is not terribly active. Maybe she'll be the mellow, easy-going baby Ashton and I put out to the universe when we first found out we were pregnant. I do remember Owen moving a lot more than this. Then again, there's plenty of weeks to come....

I came down with a little headcold. Mostly sinus, burning eyes, runny nose. Not fun. I was wearing sunglasses inside Target today because the lights felt so bright and because I looked disgustingly puffy and tired with red/dark rings around my bloodshot eyes.

We are pretty sure we've narrowed down our little girl's name to one. Of course anything can change but it's been a name we have adored so odds are good it will stick.

Owen's still being a little ham. The best little saying he has lately is, "actually, no." He's just like his dad, always changing his mind and he says it to everything! He also loves explaining in detail what is happening in the environment around him. For instance on car rides he'll explain why something is where it is and what it's doing and anything else that might be associated with it. Also, he is loving his new big boy bed that we recently made him. And by we I mean Ashton and our friend Troy. All I did was help pick out the design and decorate it.  Owen seems to sleep very well in it and we have not had to deal with him wanting out of his room at inappropriate times yet.  We also painted a turquoise-y green detail on the top third of his bedroom walls. We are slowly changing his room up a bit and aren't quite done. We have still yet to complete a little reading nook in the corner behind his train table.

The nursery will get some love next. I haven't been ready to move the treadmill out of there yet, but when we do it will go to the studio. I'm hoping we can make a little workout area out there for my long days at home with two kids. I'm struggling to find curtains or fabric for curtains for the nursery. My plan is for the colors of coral, some pink, and white with black accents (like our Eames rocker and frames). Toying with throwing some lemon yellow in there too but not quite sold on it yet.

We hit up Value Village in Redmond this weekend and scored $40 worth of girl clothes. A friend from the gym gave me two big boxes of girl stuff to help get me started. It's such a blessing to have received all of the clothes too. She probably gave me a couple hundred dollars worth of consignment clothing!

Just a couple weeks left until my next appointment, where at 24 weeks a baby is supposed to be able to survive outside of the womb (with massive medical intervention, of course). I thoroughly plan to carry this baby to term. I just mean to mention this with respect to how developed the baby already is at this point! She should weigh nearly 1 lb in these next weeks.
















1 comment:

Followers