Monday, August 9, 2010

Rounding The Bend

Hi all!

We are rounding the last bend here. Because I have two due dates (August 16th and 20th), I either have 7 or 11 days left until my due date, depending how you look at it. I, of course, see it as 7, and my midwife sees it as 11.

For the most part I have felt great, and all in all, very very normal. My back can be sore when I wake up but other than that, I don't really feel that pregnant. The belly certainly says otherwise, but I kinda like it. People stop more often to let me cross the street and strangers smile in the grocery stores. It's sort of like wearing a special badge around. Everyone seems to like a ripe pregnant belly.

I am looking forward to my next appointment this Wednesday where I will get another check up and update to my progress. Thus far, I am 80% effaced and not dilated.  Effacement is how thin the cervix gets. It must get to 100% (meaning it's paper thin). Then, of course, you must be dilated to 10cm. I have heard that effacement is what can take a while during the early stages of labor, so this is good news for me to be able to get nearly full effacement out of the way. So far I have not had a contraction. This is a good thing because midwife Winnie has been out of town for a week on a bike tour of the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I am really looking forward to her attending the birth, not her backup.

I am going into my first full week off of work. It still kind of feels like a long weekend or stay-cation, but either way, it feels nice - lots of blueberries have been picked! I do miss earning money though. It's a hard adjustment already. For the first time in my adult life I have taken a break from the working world. So this is what happens from 8-5 outside of an office...hmm.

I have finished the baby room (ended up being more of a transformation than originally planned) and have posted some pictures for you to see. Without thinking, I ended up with a pistachio color scheme for almost all furniture items.

Hope you like it! I'll try and be better at keeping you posted! Also, I've included a pic of me and my dear mother-in-law in our yard.

























































































































































1 comment:

  1. I love the shelf with the clothes hanging in it. ADORABLE!!! The nursery looks great, and so do you. Can't wait to hear of your baby boy's arrival. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers