Monday, September 17, 2012

Two Years Old

Little Owie turned two since the last post. We had a few friends and family over to celebrate and I made him a construction themed cake like one I had found inspiration in on Pinterest. Oh, Pinterest, what would I do without you!? Two has been a great age. Owen is putting together words to create little sentences. He is able to get his point across very well. We can sit and talk to each other. One thing I am really loving about this age is how honest he is and how he calls everything as they are. He's blunt and to the point. Owen is very playful and respectful. He's taken to saying please and thank you, for the most part only when asked. But he says "excuse me" all of the time when anything is in his way or if he is asking for your attention. I'm astonished by his skill level at this age. He's begun counting and trying out his ABC's. He loves balloons still, which has made for great practice in honing his physical abilities. He's still quite athletic for his age. He is into soccer (we are thinking of trying a drop-in tot soccer soon), throwing, his bike(!!), frisbee, walking Sofie, running and climbing. As I have mentioned over two years Sofie has taken a real liking to him and plays very well with him. She remains extremely tolerant with him.

Our trip to Hawaii was amazing. Ash and Owen had lots of together time for the first few days while I was busy with wedding festivities. He loves loves loves the beach now and talks about it all the time. He's loving "driving" the car and when you ask where we are going, he always responds, "The beach!!" He did great on the plane. 5 hours was just about the limit at this age. The last hour on each flight was the hardest, but all in all he did extremely well. Luckily we did not have the aisle seat on either flight. This worked best because the aisle seat was a stranger and Owen didn't have much desire to pass them to get to the aisle. This was the best way of containing him (for future reference).

Ash has passed the NCLEX and is hot on the job hunt. Things are going slower than he would like but we know that it's temporary and that he'll never have slow times like these for a while. It's good to remind ourselves of that to help keep perspective.

I also gave Owen his first real, real hair cut, curls gone and all. He looks adorable (of course). You can tell that his hair still would like to curl if it were longer and he's got a little body to it every now and again. I like to cut it when he's eating and totally preoccupied. So far so good. He has yet to run off with only half his hair cut!

We took a trip on Amma and Mark's boat. Mark caught a crab and Owen thought that was just the ultimate highlight of the trip. We also went camping with friends and by ourselves. All in all we have enjoyed our great summer days.

 wheelie!!
Post first haircut
 hawaii














No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers