Wednesday, May 16, 2012

home stretch

We're in the home stretch of Ash finishing the RN program! I absolutely cannot believe that much time has gone by, that Owen was a newborn when he started the program (having already put a year of prereque's in), and that Owen is creeping up on turning two in a matter of months! I get choked up just imagining the days when Ash is done and has his license and is able to practice as a Registered Nurse! I also get choked up at the near disbelief of having wrangled the life of a baby turned toddler over the course of two years, all while juggling life as a homemaker and spouse. Ashton is so amazing at his ability to be supportive as a father and spouse, then completely switch gears and charge full boar into his studies. It's an amazing talent and does not go under appreciated by this gal. I can't fathom my ability to juggle the same responsibilities.

Spring is here and we are currently in a stretch of weather that rivals some of our better days of summer! I believe we it the 80's this week and I have a tan/pink glow on my back to prove it ;)

Owen's vocab has continued to grow. He still LOVES his blueberries and sings songs about them from time to time. He also wakes up talking about them and asks for them at EVERY SINGLE meal. We are headed to Kauai on July 1 (something I'm already gathering my thoughts about and trying to prepare for) and there's no way I'm getting on a plane without dehydrated blueberries in my carry-on at the very least.  Owen has begun stringing words together. It started as "I don't want to" and "I want this."  Here and there he will put two words together that make sense but he isn't doing that consistently yet. He adores getting free kids balloons at the grocery store and now I can't even drive by without him associating the store front with a balloon. Again, as I said in the last post, his memory is amazing to watch grow leaps and bounds. There is construction happening in our neighborhood for the past few months and Owen goes crazy for the diggers, front loaders and dump trucks. He loves the digging, beeping, driving etc. The flaggers even gave him a kids hard hat.

Just a couple days ago Owen went from walking with his bike between his legs to sitting and striding on it! He's a complete natural and is gaining more confidence each day. He's starting to try and briefly raise one leg, getting the feel of the "stride." He likes riding in and out of potholes and saying "bump." Before long I will literally be at a jog to keep up with his riding. My sacroiliac area has been really bothering me again and I'm seeking help from a few Dr.'s to figure out how to treat it for the last time. It's debilitating and unless I find a way to heal it, I certainly won't be running for very long next to Owen's bike. I have a goal to run in the Bellingham Half Marathon in Sept. Right now that seems impossible because of my back but we'll see how much progress I can make. I'd really just like to run one of them before having a second child....but that is also something that is not necessarily on the near horizon. Somedays it is and more recently it is not.

After Hawaii I'm planning to drive into planning Owen's second birthday party. My guess is that it will involve balloons and blueberries!
Owen (4 weeks old) as the RN program began

         Owen (21 months) as the program wraps up

STILL KICKIN IT IN STRIPES!

 farmers market
 new flip flops
 fresh prince of bel air Carlton sweater

 playing in dad's truck

 buns!
 vaccuum!!


 spring in new swim trunks



mmmm, starbucks!
bike riding at its finest

1 comment:

  1. Yea-ya! What a little strider! I sure do miss you all after our weekend together. I think "moto-tutu" everytime I see a motorcycle. You three make an amazing team. Love, Amma

    ReplyDelete

Followers