Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Long Lost Owen Update

Oh my goodness, it has been a long time. So many things have been happening. I'm sure I'll forget a lot of them but I'll do my best to give a nice update of what's happening these days.

Owen turned 10 months old today - on the summer solstice. We celebrated in style by hanging out with our good friends Nicole, Tal and Ari in the backyard. The boys ate bottomless cantaloupe and watermelon and splashed around in the kiddie pool. I set up an "activity center" full of sand and shovels and other treasures to play with. Should be a fun summer keeping the wee one's busy.

Ash is done with Nursing School for the summer!! It's an amazing thing to have him around more, especially now that Owen is teething a lot. He's got 3 teeth in on the top and two on the bottom. A fourth is making it's way in on top too.  He started sleeping through the night at 8 months. Wow, did that make an amazing difference to my mental health! He wakes up earlier now, but getting the solid hours is priceless. Teething has disrupted it a bit but we're ready to get back on track as soon as those pearly whites are cut.

Owen scoots around on his tush or tummy as his main mode of transportation. I really don't think he'll ever actually crawl because he now stands on his own without holding on and walks along the furniture and using his walker toy. He's pretty motivated to start taking his first unassisted steps pretty soon.

His blond hair is getting thick and his mulletesque curls are to die for.  He is a BIG squealer.  He loves his voice and hearing his high pitched screams. Too bad I can't say the same. My ear drums are near shot.  Our baby and me class teacher says he's just finding his voice. Well, I hope he finds it soon! :)

He's very inquisitive and LOVES to eat. He eats pretty much anything, from his love of watermelon to grilled cheese, chex cereal to homemade banana muffins, yogurt with mango puree to peas and garlic.

At nine months he was 18.3 lbs.

I am currently planning his one year birthday party. Also having a lot of fun getting creative around the house and soon having Ash build me up a road bike. Ash is big into mountain biking right now and is currently building up one for himself. All in all, we are in for a great summer! And now for some pics...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers