Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Growing Boy!

I have every intention of posting more often but it turns out that I can only seem to post once every month. The updates are harder because I'm not the best at sitting and recalling each event and detail but I will do my best to touch on the main events.

As I post this, Owen is 7.5 months old. We go in for a weight check tomorrow but I am guessing he's around 17 lbs and nearly 27.5 inches long. He is just shy of needing a new carseat! Wow, he used to be swimming in his current seat, needing so much padding around his head and body.

In the past month we have taken a trip to California to visit Great Grandma Marion, expanded our solid food menu, finished baby class, now drink from a sippy cup (assisted), sprouted two bottom teeth, lunge forward onto hands and knees and belly atempting to crawl and although not moving forward or backward yet, he moves in circles on his belly attempting to get to whatever he has laid his eyes on. Mostly that is me or dad. He loves to use our arms to pull himself up to a stand. He thinks he is just the top dog when he does that. He attempts it over and over and over. We also took a wonderful trip to Whidbey Island (The Paulsen's joined us for the second night) for Ashton's spring break.  FUN! There we hot tubbed, combed the beach, flew a kite, made great food minus the dessert I lit on fire, and visited with great friends.

Today I signed up for the next baby class (8 to 12 months). Also, I have solidified my plans to stay home with Owen for the next year. As of now, the plan is to be home at least until Ashton is done with Nursing School in June 2012.

Enjoy some pics and maybe a video too:
smores I completely lit on fire under the broiler - yikes!
front yard picnic and first real meeting with Luna the kitty

 baby class





homemade sweater from Great Grandma Rosemary!
don't we look insanely alike in this photo?
 playing with a bag of chips. what fun!


Owen had discovered he can squeal in high pitches and he does so very often.  Enjoy - as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. oh my, Owie is such a little boy now! Thanks for the post. What fun! Miss you
    xo, gma

    ReplyDelete

Followers