I just completely absorbed yet another book on birth and baby. It is actually written for the partner, hense the name, The Birth Partner. It was written by the guru of all guru's Penny Simkin. It was a wonderful book and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to-the-point, realistic and specific information. Ash will dive into it next. Now I'm on to a light hearted book called, Knocked Up. My boss had it propped up against my computer when I returned from Mexico, as a present. It's written by a famous journalist in BC who's super witty and highly entertaining.
We enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day a couple weekends back. The gang joined us up in Bellingham for a sleepover and we had a nice lunch in Fairhaven. Here's a pic.
We are narrowing in on a name. Right now we're letting it fester between two but remain open to new possibilities. :)
I passed my gestational diabetes test (fun test- yippie!) The test consisted of eating pancakes and maple syrup and drinking a big glass of milk, waiting two hours and getting my blood drawn. Can't argue with that!
But despite my above average consumption of spinach, my iron was a little low, so I'll start on something called Blood Builder. It's supposed to be a whole food supplement that does the trick. Luckily I'm not feeling fatigued or any other side affect of low iron. Initially my iron levels were great, but with 50% more blood volume and a little leach inside of me, I guess I can't keep up.
We are looking forward to Memorial Day weekend. The movie Babies is finally arriving at our theater so we're gonna go see that. Maybe get in a day of camping too. Wonder how many Therma-rests I will need to sleep on to be comfortable? It will either be a great time or miserable.
Exciting time for Ash too. His nursing application is turned in and ready for processing. Fingers crossed! xx

Love it. your little belly is so cute!
ReplyDeleteCute pic mamasita!
ReplyDeleteLanes, you are the cutest! Can't wait to see you and rub that belly.
ReplyDeletexoxo