Thursday, February 24, 2011

6 Months Already!!

Owen just turned 6 months old 3 days ago. Yesterday we had our Dr. appt. Owen's height is in the 80%, his weight is slightly lower in the 20% and his head circumference is now off the charts (although barely) at  >95%. Kid must have some brains in there!! :)

Owen's appetite has been ferocious to say the least. He MUST have a hollow leg where he stores all his food! He eats 2-3 oz of solid food twice a day, breastfeeds and can also take down a 6 oz bottle ta boot. The Dr. says he can go ahead and eat 3 times a day now.  I have been making all of his food from scratch, which has proven to be one of my most favorite things to do. Owen just loves his fresh food.

So far we have made Sweet potatoes, yams, peas and carrots, avocado and oatmeal (which became too thick so I'm starting over). He's not too into plain rice cereal anymore - after tasting real veggies. So I sneak it in to his other food once and a while. He might like oatmeal better. Even I think the rice tastes disgusting!

Sleep wasn't going too well for a while. We were waking multiple times a night and feeding to go back to sleep. We did have one surprise 9 hour stretch in there, which was a little scary at first but the next night he was up to his old habits again. Since the 6 month mark he has slept a little better. He takes the pacifier and sometimes drifts back off. Currently he is napping past the 45 minute mark!! He hasn't done this since he was about 3 or 4 months old. WAHOOOO! We have only been getting 2 or 3 20 minute naps from him lately. He simply doesn't want to sleep very long.

We're going to try some sleep training here in a few days I think. Once I start I'm fully committing myself to complete it. It will be hard, especially since Ashton won't be able to participate much (needs sleep for school). But I will persevere and we will all be sleeping at least 5 hr stretches in no time.

Owen and his friend Ari got together yesterday while his mom Nicole and I made babyfood. Ari is 4 weeks older than Owen. They are so cute together. You can tell there is an age difference just by the sounds Ari makes and his ability to play and socialize. It's great for Owen too because it helps his verbal and social growth a lot. We had a lot of fun yesterday.

Check out Owen and Ari playing. This was the first time Owen sat up all by himself for longer than 2 minutes. I didn't even have to help him stay up at all!  Such a big boy. Notice the mass amounts of drool coming off his chin and onto his shirt. Also his chest is glistening from all the drool pouring down his chest! :)
can't get the video to post, i'll keep working on it...


here's another one taken today...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers